Wonder Woman super busy in January. She’s got her own book, her guest-starring arc in Batwoman, and of course our regularly scheduled inter-superhero fighting in Justice League. Let’s take a look at Wonder Woman #16 first:
WONDER WOMAN #16
Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO
Art and cover by CLIFF CHIANG
On sale JANUARY 23 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• Wonder Woman and her half brother Milan must grapple with the dangerous New God known as Orion!
• What strange alliance has the terrifying First Born made?
We saw this cover the other day, but now we’ve got a solicit to go with it. Still no answer on that nasty fly situation, though. And we’ve got another half-brother for Wonder Woman!! Much like I have no idea what’s up with this First Born dude, I have no idea who Milan is either. Zeus really gets around, so lord only knows how many new siblings Wonder Woman will meet before Azzarello’s run is over. Anyway, we’ve got some new info, but it’s not telling us a whole bunch. Informative AND cryptic… good work with the teaser!!
On to Batwoman #16:
Written by J.H. WILLIAMS III and W. HADEN BLACKMAN
Art and cover by J.H. WILLIAMS III
On sale JANUARY 23 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+
• This issue guest-stars everybody!
• In this penultimate chapter, everything that’s been happening in BATWOMAN comes to a head!
• Plus, a new hero is introduced, and Wonder Woman fights monsters!
You had me with “Wonder Woman fights monsters!” I’ll pay three bucks for that any day of the week. Also, it looks like Wonder Woman will be in Batwoman in February too. This is quite an arc. It’s fun that we’ve got an extended team-up. Plus, I’m excited for Williams to draw “everybody.”
Finally, friggin’ Justice League #16:
JUSTICE LEAGUE #16
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
Backup story art by GARY FRANK
Variant cover by LANGDON FOSS
On sale JANUARY 23 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
• “THRONE OF ATLANTIS” continues!
• Aquaman can barely hold on against Ocean Master even with the League by his side!
• The United States loses faith in the Justice League and enters the battle against Atlantis, setting in motion the creation of the Justice League of America!
• More on the Superman/Wonder Woman alliance!
• Plus: In the backup story, the origin of SHAZAM! continues!
An “alliance”, eh? That’s what they’re calling it these days? Anyway, the Justice League is fighting each other again, and I don’t even care. Even though the solicit sounds like they’re working together, but whatever. Maybe they’ll get mind controlled and be pitted against each other. I don’t much care for this book.
Look for all three Wonder Woman starring books on January 23rd, 2013!!