I saw a cool classic style angel design on Buzzfeed this weekend and thought, “That’s fun! I bet I could make a Supergirl from that,” because I’m all about Supergirl as of late. The new show is the BEST. So I built myself a template based on what I saw and customized it to Supergirl, and quite liked it. Plus it was really fun to build. So I built more. And more and more. And ended up with ten superhero angels that are now decorating my home and making it all sorts of festive. Here’s what I ended up with!
1) TV Supergirl: Melissa Benoist is amazing, and I am all about that costume.
2) Wonder Woman: Because, of course. It’s me! Who else would you expect?
3) Batgirl of Burnside: It’s just the best costume.
4) 1970s Catwoman: A classic, and super rad.
5) Ms. Marvel: Kamala Khan is maybe my favourite character in comics right now.
6) Lois Lane: With superpowers, as seen in some classic 60s stories.
7) Thor: I love me some Lady Thor. The comic is killer, and she’s so much fun.
8) Patsy Walker, aka. Hellcat: My pal Kate Leth has a new Patsy Walker series starting tomorrow with art by Brittney Williams and it looks AMAZING.
9) TV Hawkgirl: Such a cool character, and I can’t wait to see more of her in Legends of Tomorrow.
10) Maps Mizoguchi: AW YEAH MAPS!! If you don’t love Maps, then you just don’t have a soul.
If any of you happen to be interested in making angels of your own, here are all the PDFs for you. Just print them out, cut yourself a flap on one of the sides of the angel so you can stick it all together, fold it together and tape or glue it up! They’re really easy to put together. Yay for festive fun!